14-11-2020 16:27:53

jRoVilleG

Topics: 39

Replies: 50

Hello I would like to request for reupload missing Anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Request for missing files:
This series has no episode numbers and it looks like it listed alphabetically by episode title.  Is it possible to get the ep numbers listed.  Will be a mess to sort out after download.  It looks like the same applies to all the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
Thank you!
2 weeks ago

Admin

mieow~

Topics: 137

Replies: 4741

Added another better version.
Got any problem? Contact me at once.email: admin[at]chauthanh[dot]info

Register and login before downloading!
2 weeks ago

jRoVilleG

These files get so huge.  I realized these are better, but the other resolution was plenty fine and I'm starting to get tight on storage.  I know storage is cheap these days, but I like SSD's and ports are getting to be an issue too.  Any chance you could also keep the previous version up?  Sorting out the episode numbers would be worth it to save the space.
2 weeks ago

Admin

mieow~

These files get so huge.  I realized these are better, but the other resolution was plenty fine and I'm starting to get tight on storage.  I know storage is cheap these days, but I like SSD's and ports are getting to be an issue too.  Any chance you could also keep the previous version up?  Sorting out the episode numbers would be worth it to save the space.
:whatttsmiley of heyon't store anime on SSD will get you bankrupt dude. Get a HDD (brandnew WD 1TB comes at $40 on Amazon) if you want to collect animes. In my places we have 2nd hdd on sale for $24/TB.

I think I have already removed the files lul smiley of oh my lord

2 weeks ago

jRoVilleG

I know you already removed them.  That's why I was asking if you would put them back up.  And it's not just the storage, my download speed at best is 2.7MB per second.  It will take almost 5 hours to download all three titles if the download speed stays constant.  And it seldom stays at that speed consistently.  Also, it's not like I can "Set it and forget it" ( this is an American meme over here).  I have to continually nurse them along because many will get 404 messages that I have to tell FDM to reload for them to finish.  This will teach me to keep my mouth shut when I find a nice series to download with 400 to 500 MB (at 720 resolution) per episode.

I never thought to check, but can I infer from your comment that a 7,500 rpm disk will not slow down the download?  Especially with my puny 2.7MB/s download speeds?  I'm not a computer tech, so I'll check it out.  I'm already using HD to back up the files, but I thought there might be an advantage to download to, and playing the files from, an SSD.
2 weeks ago

Admin

mieow~

I know you already removed them.  That's why I was asking if you would put them back up.  And it's not just the storage, my download speed at best is 2.7MB per second.  It will take almost 5 hours to download all three titles if the download speed stays constant.  And it seldom stays at that speed consistently.  Also, it's not like I can "Set it and forget it" ( this is an American meme over here).  I have to continually nurse them along because many will get 404 messages that I have to tell FDM to reload for them to finish.  This will teach me to keep my mouth shut when I find a nice series to download with 400 to 500 MB (at 720 resolution) per episode.

I never thought to check, but can I infer from your comment that a 7,500 rpm disk will not slow down the download?  Especially with my puny 2.7MB/s download speeds?  I'm not a computer tech, so I'll check it out.  I'm already using HD to back up the files, but I thought there might be an advantage to download to, and playing the files from, an SSD.
I put them back up for awhile, you can try grabbing those.

FYI, with 7200rpm HDD you can normally pull 40-100MB/s read/write under normal circumtances. So using HDD for download won't affect the speed at all.

2 weeks ago

jRoVilleG

Thank so much for doing that for me.  Also thanks for the info on downloads.  One last question:  How about on playback with hard disks?  On subtitled episodes, I find myself skipping back a lot because I just don't read the subtitles fast enough.  I use VLC for playback.  In that situation (skipping back and forth), will it be less responsive when reading from an HD?
2 weeks ago

Admin

mieow~

Thank so much for doing that for me.  Also thanks for the info on downloads.  One last question:  How about on playback with hard disks?  On subtitled episodes, I find myself skipping back a lot because I just don't read the subtitles fast enough.  I use VLC for playback.  In that situation (skipping back and forth), will it be less responsive when reading from an HD?
Yes. But not that much. Reading speed of HDD is about 100-180MB/s, and cheap (or SATA3) SSD is around 350-450MB/s, unless you do intense skipping and scrolling, you won't feel too much laggy when using HDD.

2 weeks ago

cooool

Topics: 11

Replies: 17

I keep and watch anime on external basic HDDs, with the huge file sizes mentioned here, at 4K even, and they never have any kind of latency issue during playback. This is even when skipping, fastforwarding, or rewinding.
1 week ago

jRoVilleG

Thanks for the input, cooool.  From the encouraging information from Admin  and you, I'm going to take the plunge and switch to HD.  Then I can stop whining about the huge file sizes.
Chatbox