Page: 1 2 »

01-11-2009 03:17:15

diavolo blu

Topics: 11

Replies: 163

A standard fare in most anime forum that strangely haven't been started here. So let's write a short 'dissertation' here about anime character(s) you like/dislike the most. Please also include the reason(s) why you like/dislike that particular character.

Let's put in a little more effort here cause something like 'cause he/she is so cool/pretty' doesn't really give much insight into the character itself and neither does it seems like a very solid reason, in my humble opinion, don't judge a book by it's cover, as the old saying goes ne (unless you are one of those shallow, die hard fanboy/girl, then I've nothing to say).

For my first character, I would like to nominate one of the most memorable character in anime history, Lupin III. Definitely among my top 3 all time favorite anime characters. He is almost everything I wish to be had I been a little more courageous and positive in my life. A proud, rebellious but noble spirit, the very embodiment of freedom. Although he is primarily a thief, he is often more concern with the challenge than with financial gain, plus he almost always steal from those who really deserve it (those filthy rich).

He lives his life to the fullest, never looks back to the past, never regretting the choice he has made and always prepare to take on any worthwhile challenges that tomorrow brings. He just made the best out of any situation and know how to enjoy the ride, flow with the currents of life. He also got this kick-ass attitude that whatever he did, he did it because he wanted to. No one can force anything on him. Always the gentleman however, he can be expected to do the right thing when the time arrived.

He is not some 'god' with super power nor is he the perfect human, he has his shares of quirks (gambling, women etc.) but he never let these held him down. He is probably the happiest character around and in some way, wisest, to the point of enlightenment. Loyalty is also one of his many merits, especially when thing get serious (he is always ready to share the same fate as his friends). Charismatic, witty, good sense of humor and impeccable taste, from car (the classic Mercedes-Benz SSK), gun (the elegant Walther P38) to women (too many to count ), just to name a few. Qualities that attract even proud warriors like Jigen and Goemon to partner with him. He is also one of the character that I believe would not regret a bit if he were to die at moment notice, having lived a life so full that there is nothing more to be desired. In short he is like the role model of how a real man should be, well, he's my ideal role model anyway (not that I want to be a super thief, don't have the skills)...
"Enlightenment is finding that there is nothing to find. Enlightenment is to come to know that there is nowhere to go. Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it." ~ Osho
01-11-2009 08:38:29

UnholyLord

Topics: 0

Replies: 228

Wow you really did give a detailed report on your favourite character. I have so many that im not sure where to start. But for a character that i disliked, it would be definitely Ion from Chrono Cross.
01-11-2009 08:56:59

kokoku

Topics: 7

Replies: 528

yup..very details and long..smiley of arrh
making me lost interest to readsmiley of bigsmile
talking about character, i like moe and tsundere typesmiley of bluzz
dislike - two faces characters whose pretend to be 'nice guy' but actually badsmiley of diesmiley of die
Click to view image at true resolution
01-11-2009 09:14:37

UnholyLord

Topics: 0

Replies: 228

How about Ecchi kind smiley of hey usually ecchi characters make the series funny
01-11-2009 09:21:34

kokoku

Topics: 7

Replies: 528

smiley of bigsmileecchi anime also included in moe and tsundere type for characterssmiley of bluzz
Louise in zero no tsukaima are one of my favoritessmiley of nyaasmiley of keke
01-11-2009 09:34:36

LiLSatan

Topics: 25

Replies: 2181

for me its Kyon of Haruhi suzumiya~ to stand by haruhi all to times and giving to all of haruhi's selfishness~ i really admire him~ coz he's the only person that haruhi listen to~
for the character that i dislike its no othen than Itou Makoto of school days~ his indecisiveness brings his own downfall~ the truth is i want to kill him myself~
for the character that i dislike its no othen than Itou Makoto of school days~ his indecisiveness brings his own downfall~ the truth is i want to kill him myself~
Click to view image at true resolutionClick to view image at true resolution
01-11-2009 09:16:13

bottlehead

Topics: 4

Replies: 1512

okazaki, from clannad cause he's practically the only person who has common sense, kind of like kyon from suzumiya.
10-11-2009 00:11:43

kankan

Topics: 1

Replies: 11

sasuke sucks no doubt about it.smiley of ahaha
i like allen walker from d. grayman. why? he's like luffy from one piece. (he keeps getting better and better as the story goes.)
10-11-2009 06:06:50

bottlehead

misaka mikoto - toaru kagaku no railgun...

she's just awesome.
10-11-2009 07:10:56

LiLSatan

i looked up now to Kazehaya-kun of kimi ni todoke~ he's too cool~
10-11-2009 08:40:34

bottlehead

His personality is just so nice, never mean to anyone.
10-11-2009 09:05:34

LiLSatan

yeah~ i realized it while watching episode 5 ^_^ i want to be like him
10-11-2009 09:17:24

bottlehead

If I could change my personality the same as him nobody would hate me...

big advantage.
10-11-2009 09:25:59

LiLSatan

maybe because of sawako~ i really like that pair~
10-11-2009 09:27:18

bottlehead

sawako might have changed him but I think he was already a nice person.
10-11-2009 09:46:00

LiLSatan

yeah and its obvious that kazehaya like sawako~ whos will be the 1st to confess~ XD
10-11-2009 09:48:36

bottlehead

both at the same time.. lol

I think it will be kazehaya as he is confident.
10-11-2009 10:42:23

LiLSatan

speaking of school days the anime character that i hate the most was makoto~ i want to kill him myself~
11-11-2009 14:10:22

ken2104

Topics: 10

Replies: 698

his with me is so diffrent (i which i can be him)
私の名前はジンキサラギです
ここで氷の車来る
12-11-2009 07:24:25

LiLSatan

hahaha~ ken no ecchi~

he got many girls w/ him
14-11-2009 01:20:25

diavolo blu

Topics: 11

Replies: 163

Hellsing Ultimate OVA, this show have another of my favorite character as well as a few that I don't like too much. First stop, my favorite character, The Major, Commander of Millennium's Last Battalion and Proxy to the Fuhrer of The Third Reich. The main reason I like this character so much is his way of living, his way of doing thing. He follows his heart/passion so thoroughly and ruthlessly that he is enjoying every waking moment of his existence to the fullest, with no regret and no care for what consequences his actions might bring. His is a life so occupied by the present moment that there is no room for past or future. He is ready to sacrifice all for his passion, no hold back, even his own life. He is like a charismatic leader, a brilliant tactician, a grand orator, a shrewd organizer, a ruthless warlord and an enlightened Zen monk all roll into one and most importantly, he is his own master, he followed no one order, a trait only he possessed in the entire show. He is responsible for himself and those under him, he gladly admit crimes committed under his order, without blaming it on other. Another thing that appeal to me is that he is fearless and always happy, traits that are again possessed by him only. So far he is my favorite villain ever, because he is unique in that unlike the other villains who want to conquer and rule the world/universe, this guy don't care if the world is reduced to ashes, just so long as he can enjoy the process of burning it, even if he had to burn himself along with it. If I were ever to join an armed forces, I'll gladly joined his Last Battalion, just for the fun of it ne. So 'let us kill or be killed, die or cause death'...

Now for a character I don't like too much, Alucard. Why, you ask? Because for me, he is nothing but a sadistic slave. Alucard fights, first of all, because he was ordered to, the second reason is to satisfied his own blood lust and bloated ego. He claimed that he is the 'No-Live King', but what king is it that take order from an 'inferior being', a term he often used to refer to human. After being 'defeated' by Intergra's father, he is basically reduced to a hunting dog instead of the wolf he once was. He followed order like a slave does and has no gut to go against his 'master', refusing to fight to the end for his honor. For someone as egoistic as him, he sure is a coward when it comes down to his own fight for freedom. Moreover, as much as he like killing/blood/carnage, he still need to request for permission whether to kill or not, it's like a full grown man asking his mom whether he can have a cookie or not, disgusting ne? And so, all his suppressed frustrations are dealt out on his victims, be it human or fellow vampires, he mocked them, insulted them and sadistically tortured them instead of delivering a clean kill as an honorable warrior should, just so he could feel better and gloat about his superior power. But where is the honor of torturing weak, broken opponents? Alucard is powerful, immensely so and 99% of his opponents are just like insects to him, but he treats them just like an often bullied 6-year old kid treats small animals, to mask his own weakness and cowardice, instead of standing up against his tormentor ('master' in Alucard's case). What does a temporary defeat mean for an immortal? Nothing. You have infinite chances to come back and try again. Just prepare yourself better for your next encounter, instead of wallowing in self-despise and melt out your frustration to lesser beings around you. I used to like Alucard but the more I see of him, the more I think the true being behind that cool, cynical, sneering bad ass mask is just a tortured, pathetic and loathsome beast, a vampire that has lost it's fang long time ago and forgotten it's true magnificence...

Other characters I don't like is Intergra and that hag of a queen. Honestly, who like stuck-up b*tches who sit around doing nothing and still think they are better than those who really did get things done... I just wished Intergra is turned into the ghoul she despised so much and set loose upon her beloved queen and those snorts on the Round Table...
"Enlightenment is finding that there is nothing to find. Enlightenment is to come to know that there is nowhere to go. Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it." ~ Osho

Page: 1 2 »

Chatbox