26-08-2014 15:56:52

ramgen

Topics: 3

Replies: 25

Hi Admin,

1440p has been here for a while now, and 4k is starting too lay out it's roots, some studios are starting to promise 4k sooner or later and some fansubs are already giving hints will you upload these higher resolutions? specially on action anime's with high details like K

for other users will you download 4k and 1440p animes for more details, sharper images and more vibrant colors or will stick to the good old 720p and 1080p just coz the file sizes are much more accommodating?

PS: thank you admins  for this great site, known this site for years before, but I only joined recently to download some animes i missed after my 1 year hiatus |  since most torrents are already dead or too slow 
PPS: will donate some money soon
Click to view image at true resolution
26-08-2014 20:49:42

Mikemcgee

~woof

Replies: 22

Even though 1440p is nowadays common for enthusiasts, I do have have to wonder about 4k. I doubt that the amount of users could justify them.

Personally, no I won't necessarily download beyond 1440p because that is the maximum resolution my screens can display smiley of hixhix... maybe if a show was worth filling half my hard drive, which brings us to another problem, server space.

I must admit I have no idea how large these 4k files would be(please enlighten me), but from a technical and financial standpoint I assume we won't see them here for quiet some time.
More bandwidth, more hard drives.. all for sadly a micro-fraction of viewers?

Would be nice to have, but I think we'll need another two years or so until we have a foundation for 4k, and the damn things become affordable to everyone smiley of bigsmile

P.S : A user's disk space should not be a limiting factor nowadays, though download speed might be for some.
27-08-2014 01:57:16

ramgen

lol 4k vids for animes would probably be around 800 to more than a gig depending on the bitrate, action packed animes are best suited for this size,smiley of die
i have a asus PA279Q 1440p ips display but i only use it for photoshop, lightroom and a bit of 3d rendering, and the other ones are for gaming, 

(well the arrival of ipv6 could lessen the traffic by a bit) Disk space for user's are really affordable these days, or the adaptation of 4k would probably be bottlenecked by internet speeds and bandwidthsmiley of ark

too much to worry about right now

but me and my friends are trying to create a better vid compression than mkv to accommodate 4ksmiley of study
27-08-2014 20:14:42

Shiazuwan Eezuru

Topics: 6

Replies: 26

Nice job~ smiley of bigsmile
シアズワン エーズル
31-08-2014 04:54:20

Flox2011

flox2011

Topics: 36

Replies: 27

my 1080p anime collection has been considered really good. For me 1440 and 4K is bragging right for rich spoiled kid.

Don't get me wrong, but with my 1mbps down speed and limited upload speed I don't think 4k is gonna be around really soon.

Oh look the anime looks so crisp and clear but the it's just another one those anime that I can barely remember with easily mistaken character 

For me the most important parts are good story, well thought actions, and characters that are lovable and memorable instead of visual fidelity. I still like watching old anime like gundam 0080, gintama marathon, and old version of dragon ball.
31-08-2014 18:35:59

ramgen

my 1080p anime collection has been considered really good. For me 1440 and 4K is bragging right for rich spoiled kid.

Don't get me wrong, but with my 1mbps down speed and limited upload speed I don't think 4k is gonna be around really soon.

Oh look the anime looks so crisp and clear but the it's just another one those anime that I can barely remember with easily mistaken character 

For me the most important parts are good story, well thought actions, and characters that are lovable and memorable instead of visual fidelity. I still like watching old anime like gundam 0080, gintama marathon, and old version of dragon ball.
well, that's if you're still actually a kid and still need the support of your parents. for those who earn their own money, can spend it the way they wan't tosmiley of mad

plus most people who own Higher res monitors need them for work too.

not everyone relies on their parents ya knowsmiley of hooray
03-09-2014 21:38:09

Mikemcgee

~woof

Hmm working on your own video compression format? Sounds interesting, pioneers into this new territory are always needed.

I second your monitor statement, mine is also used for work, but now it should become apparent that it's only a few that have these monitors, even less have 4k and even less have the internet speed to match that.

But maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea for some generally considered good shows, or good looking shows. Flox has a point, I wouldn't want some of the more boring shows like the occasional harem I watch.. because I am weak smiley of scare.. to take up a beefy chunk of my hard drive nor the servers. But I guess I could agree with the rare masterpieces that are out there to be available at such resolutions.

Then we could enjoy them a couple of years down the road too smiley of yai
04-09-2014 21:20:17

Admin

mieow~

Topics: 137

Replies: 6871

It's funny that several weeks ago, some guy pm me to request uploading of 240p version because of his slow internet connection. smiley of bigsmile

1080p reach 700MB per episode, so I guess 4k will reach ~1.5GB per episode? That's overkill.
Now our site only update 720p version of anime, and we will soon cease to update 480p version (except old anime). I guess we will take around 2-3 years to get to 1080p version site-wide.
Got any problem? Contact me at once.email: admin[at]chauthanh[dot]info

Register and login before downloading!
05-09-2014 15:45:56

ramgen

It's funny that several weeks ago, some guy pm me to request uploading of 240p version because of his slow internet connection. smiley of bigsmile

1080p reach 700MB per episode, so I guess 4k will reach ~1.5GB per episode? That's overkill.
Now our site only update 720p version of anime, and we will soon cease to update 480p version (except old anime). I guess we will take around 2-3 years to get to 1080p version site-wide.
i agree that most have slow connections(3rd world problems, don't judge me i'm also living in a 3rd world country:nightmaresmiley of keke, it's just that same thing where the fast growth of technology will eventually outgrow these kinds of problems, i don't know about other 3rd world countries but fiber internet is already being used in the consumer side, and is already available at most cities, once prices drop(and they always do)smiley of yai

but that isn't really the biggest problem we should be worried about instead we should worry about japan's new anti-piracy laws smiley of crying

i'd rather not go to japan just to buy anime smiley of hixhix
06-09-2014 23:26:05

Mikemcgee

~woof

we should worry about japan's new anti-piracy laws

What did I miss something? What could they change, I doubt it will cause fansubs to disappear. They don't localize their shows here, so it's not as if it is hurting them.
If they do localize a show somewhere else, then the only reason people buy into them is because of positive feedback from fans. I for one am not going to buy a "collectors extreme plus gold edition" smiley of bigsmile  if I can't be sure that it is any good.
Chatbox